Monday, August 13, 2012

Typical staple, baton de manioc. wrapped in banana leaves, texture and stickiness of a glue stick, no taste, mainly a filler to scoop up main courses or to dip in sauces. 

Le coch, sp? A vegetable that is beaten to a pulp and cooked to eternity, some sardines and fish oil added in, pretty raunchy first time I ate it, but now I look forward to it.

One of my favorite meals in Bafia, Poisson Braissé and baton de manioc. Braised fish wrapped in banana leaves sold road side by a fish mama, with onions and a tasty green spicy sauce. One of my language trainers thinks I have some black in me down the lineage somewhere because I love baton de manioc and she say's white people aren't supposed to like it, and she thinks I have a black nose. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment